domingo, 3 de agosto de 2008

751 MANTAK CHIA

Who were your original teachers?

The main teacher was called One Cloud Hermit. He came from Central China, high up in the mountains. During the Second World War the Japanese bombed the mountains and he had to leave. That’s when he moved to Hong Kong which was where I met him. He was quite discouraged about the possibility of passing on his knowledge as he felt that people who were not monks or hermits would not have the patience or commitment to learn what he had learned. However when I saw what he taught I really liked it and wanted to learn his skills. He only passed on to two people. Many people came and went but they didn’t have the patience to learn.

His teaching was good and his transmission was very good. He taught me a lot about the about the methods and formulas and I was very quick to pick up the information. There is a lot to learn. Qigong, Tai Chi Chuan, Hsing, Bagua are all individual disciplines but they are still only aspects of the greater teachings of the Tao.

How long have you been teaching?

I’ve been teaching in America, Europe and elsewhere for 23 years but I started teaching about 35 years ago.

And you have schools around the world?

In the UK I have instructors in Wales, England and Scotland and I have instructors throughout Europe in Holland, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium and Spain. I also have instructors in many parts of America. We have about 700 instructors around the world. Britain has the least amount.

Is this because you are busy elsewhere?

I don’t know. It’s slow to catch on here. Germany has the quickest growth….

Do you think it’s because the British mindset is different?

Maybe they think they know too much (laughs).

Nenhum comentário: